Boys Hostel: The Boys Hostel is located around half-a-kilometer from the University College complex in the Dichpally campus. The Boys Hostel building has a ground floor and one First Floor. The Ground Floor is having a total of 54 Rooms in four wings, while the First Floor has 57 Rooms in four wings. A modern Water purifier and Water Coolers are installed in each floor of the hostel. A qualified medical doctor visits the hostel everyday and offers services to the students between 4 and 6 pm. There are separate Reading Room cum Library, Doctor Room, Sick Room, TV Hall and Dining Hall in the hostel complex. All the major dailies of English and Telugu are subscribed for the benefit of the hostel inmates. A separate water plant for the purification of the water was set up in the hostel to provide safe drinking water to the students.
Mess: The hostel’s mess is a Student Managed one.
Medical Services to the students: A qualified medical doctor visits the hostel everyday and offers services to the students between 4 and 6 pm.
The Girls Hostel is also located very near to the University College complex in the Dichpally campus. The ground Floor is having total of 42 Rooms in three wings, while the First floor has 44 Rooms in three wings. In this hostel also a modern Water purifier and Water Cooler is installed in the hostel and a qualified medical doctor visits the hostel everyday in the evening and offers services to the students. There are separate Doctor Room, Sick room, Reading Room cum Library, TV Hall, Visitor Hall and Dining Hall in the hostel complex. Here also, a separate water plant for the purification of the water was set up in the hostel to provide safe drinking water to the students.
Mess: The hostel’s mess is a Student Managed one.
Medical Services to the students: A qualified medical doctor visits the hostel everyday in the evening and offers services to the students.
Discipline & Rules in Hostel:
The office of the Principal, Vice-Principal (Hostels) and Wardens look after the welfare of the students with active support from the elected representatives of the students, faculty and administration. A Student Counselling Service by professionals is available in the University Health Centre. In case of any student requiring parental guidance, his/her parents will be informed accordingly.
There is a Students’ Union which caters to the students’ interests and promotes cultural and sports activities.
The elections to the Students’ Union are conducted by the students themselves.
Discipline among students:
All powers relating to discipline and disciplinary action in relation to the students of the University are vested with the Vice Chancellor. He may delegate all or any of his powers as he deems proper to any of the officers of the Universi¬ty specified by him.
Ban of ragging in the Hostels/Campus:
Ragging, use of drugs, drug trafficking and eve teasing, which are criminal offences, are strictly forbidden in the University and persons found indulging in such activities will be subjected to strict disciplinary and other action in keeping with the law of the land. Indulging in any criminal activity within or outside the University and any physical violence against fellow students and fellow residents will not be tolerated and will attract stern disciplinary action including rustication.
Ragging in any form (making unpleasant noise, disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear of shame or an embarrassment to the new student, which include teasing, abusing, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such students or asking the new student to do any act or to perform such things which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do) is strictly forbidden. If anyone is found guilty of ragging he/she will be expelled and also liable for prosecution under the Andhra pradesh Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997 which will result in a minimum punishment with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine of Rs.10,000/-.
Committee on violence against women and sexual harassment:
As suggested by the UGC, a Committee has been constituted with Dean, Students’ Welfare, Warden, Women faculty members, Women students, Students’ Union and Teachers’ Association as members
# Strict silence should be observed between 9:30 pm & 6:00 am.
# Too many visitors are not allowed.
# No admission for friends and relatives into the room.
# Minimum luggage is allowed.
# Should not waste the food and water.
# Unnecessary utilization of electricity is strictly avoided.
# Written permission required to stay outside.
# Inmates are responsible for their own things.
# Third person interference in the management is strictly prohibited.
# No argument, better to say, Good bye.
HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
These rules are applicable to both Boys / Girls Hostels.
Council / Admissions:
Application for admission to the Hostel must be submitted to the Vice-Principal (hostels).
1. The right of Admission to the Hostel is reserved. Admission to the University Hostel will not be made as a matter of routine and it will be at the discretion of the Warden.
2. The allotment of rooms to the applicants will be made by the Warden. The hostellers are not permitted to change their rooms once occupied without the written approval from the Warden.
3. Students with chronic medical problems will not be admitted to the Hostel. By chance, if any student with chronic medical problem gets admitted to the Hostel, he/she will be asked to vacate the room immediately, when it is brought to the notice of Warden to enable the student to have proper medical care by the parent / guardian.
4. Regular absentees from classes, monthly tests, University Exams and Students scoring less than the minimum pass marks in the monthly tests and the University exams may not be permitted to continue to stay in the Hostel. In other words, admission and continued stay in the hostel depends upon academic performance and also on good behaviour and conduct. The Warden 's decision is final in this regard.
5. If a student is expelled from the University for any reason he/she should immediately vacate the hostel on the day of expulsion from the University. His / her continuance in the hostel will be treated as unauthorised occupation.
1. The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the University / Hostel authorities to make sure that they are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items like liquor, drugs, lethal weapons etc., are kept in the room.
2. The hostellers themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. They are not to keep large amounts of cash or valuables like gold ring, costly wristwatch etc., in their rooms. They should also take care of their purse, calculators, cell phones, computers and books. In case of theft or loss of any items it will not normally be possible to carryout any investigation. The hostellers are advised to keep their rooms, boxes, suitcases, cupboards, etc., securely locked with good quality locks.
3. All movements from and to the hostels should be recorded in the movement register kept with the security guard at the entrance of the hostel and should be properly signed. No hosteller is permitted to stay out of the hostel beyond 9:00 pm in the case of Men's Hostel and 7: 15 pm in the case of Ladies' hostel. The security guard has instructions to lock the gate after the stipulated timings as mentioned above. If they have any local relatives with whom they intend to stay during weekends, or if they have any local relatives who would like to visit them in the hostel, the names and addresses of such local relatives, duly authenticated by the parents/ guardians, should be furnished along with the application.
4. The hostellers are generally discouraged from going out of the hostels during weekends and holidays. However, in extraordinary circumstances, if they want to leave the hostel, written permission has to be obtained from the Warden. Whenever they leave the hostel for vacations they have to inform the Warden in writing about their travel plan. The girl students, however, are required to obtain permission from the Warden. They are also required to return on the specified dates and submit the slips, (slip is a part of the proforma) signed by their parents as an indication that they stayed with their Parents / Guardian during the weekends holidays/ vacations. In addition they have to "Check out" and "Check in" in the movement register kept with the security guard of the block.
5. At the time of starting of the semester, no student should lock any room other than the officially allotted room. Students leaving the hostel after the semester or discontinuing their stay should never lock their rooms and cupboards.
6. Students are not allowed to keep any power driven two wheeler vehicles in the hostel.
7. The hostellers are not allowed to keep air coolers, musical instruments, cassette record players, computers, TV's, electric irons or any electrical equipment without written permission of the Warden. Unauthorised possession will lead to confiscation of the goods.
8. Use of Computers:
Installation of computer systems in the hostel rooms should be done only after getting written permission from the Warden.
9. Use of cell phones:
The usage of computer is for academic purpose only.
The University / Hostel authorities will conduct surprise checks periodically and if anyone is found violating the above rule, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
Ordinary cell phone could be used by the student but not inside the class rooms, examination halls, Laboratory and Library.
The use of Cell Phones with Camera is absolutely prohibited in the Campus.
Guests are not permitted to stay in any of the hostels. If the parents wish to stay, then the student / parent may approach the Public Relations Officer for getting accommodation in the Guest House, subject to availability of, the room in the Guest House will be provided on a nominal rent.
1. Strict silence should be observed between 9:30 pm & 6:00 am.
2. Perfect silence is to be maintained in the hostel premises including rooms, bathrooms, dining halls, corridors, common areas etc., Every student of the hostel should have the civic responsibility that he or she should not be a cause of nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to others.
3. All hostellers have to be present in their respective rooms and keep open the rooms to enable the Wardens / Block Supervisors to take the attendance.
4. The hostellers are not to enter into any unnecessary conversation, discussions, quarrel or altercation with the hostel staff. If anyone has any complaint against any employee of the hostel, a written complaint against the person is to be lodged with the Warden. Use of abusive, vulgar and unparliamentarily language against the hostel/mess staff is strictly forbidden.
5. The hostellers shall not waste food, electricity & water. Wastage of food is a national loss. If anyone is found indulging in such wastage, he/she will be asked to vacate the hostel, since wastage causes unnecessary and unavoidable expenditure to others.
6. Smoking is prohibited in the hostel buildings. Gambling in any form such as playing cards (even without money at stake), consumption of alcohol, use of drugs and narcotics and even possession of such things are prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will not only be asked to vacate the hostel but also be rusticated from the University.
7. Possession of any lethal weapons or any instrument / contrivance, which is likely to cause physical harm to others, is strictly prohibited.
8. If any hosteller is found indulging in any form of instigation / intimidation / threat to any other hostellers he / she will be asked to vacate the hostel forthwith. In this regard, the decision of the warden is final and binding on the individual's concerned.
9. Day scholars are not allowed in the hostel.
10. Celebrating birthday parties inside the hostel is strictly prohibited.
11. Collection of donation for any purpose (Religious / otherwise) is also strictly prohibited.
12. Students are not allowed to play skating rollers and other outdoor games inside the hostel to prevent breakages and accidents. Sliding along the hand rails/rest of stairs and fast running/ climbing down should be totally avoided to prevent accidents.
13. When leaving the rooms for attending classes or for vacation, etc., fans, electrical gadgets, lights etc., should be switched off. Glass windows are to be closed securely.
14. Walking along staircases should be silent, gentle without creating nuisance / noise to fellow hostellers.
15. Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the class hours unless the stay is unavoidable due to illness or any other valid reason. In such cases they should take the permission of the warden and communicate the information to the Warden in writting.
16. Hostellers coming to the Hostel after the gate closing hours without prior permission or without valid reason would be fined. Regular late comers will not be allowed to stay in the hostel.
17. Clock alarms should be switched off, when not in use. There have been instances when students have set the alarm and gone on long leave, and some of them ringing for hours and spoiling the peace of fellow hostellers.
18. Water should be carefully used and not wasted.
19. Wrong entry, improper / lack of entry in exit register, signing on behalf of another person, tampering with the entries, proxy attendance and misguidance of any nature are punishable. In case of any quarrel between or among room mates it should be reported to the Warden for appropriate action.
20. Absentees / Latecomers (without prior permission from the Warden) will be suitably fined.
21. Students coming late / or absent regularly will be expelled from the Hostel. Such students shall not be readmitted under any circumstances.
22. Violation of any of these rules would result in punitive action and serious violations would be referred to the "Students Disciplinary Committee". The decision of the committee would however be final.
Damages and Recovery:
Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture / property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden.
The cost of damages will be recovered in the following manner:
If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost will be recovered from him/her/group.
If damage is done in anyone of the rooms and the person(s) is / are not identified then double the cost will be recovered from the room-mates collectively.
If a damage is done outside the rooms i.e., in common places like corridors, bathrooms, recreation halls, mess etc., and the person(s) is/are not identified, then double the cost will be recovered, floor wise or block wise or on the whole, as the case may be. Repetition of damage to the hostel property results in expulsion from the hostel.
Hostel & Messes, Main Campus, Dichpally
Boys Hostel, Main Campus, Dichpally
Dr. Mahender Aileni
Boys Hostel, Main Campus, Dichpally
Mrs. P.Shantha Bai
Girls Hostel, Main Campus, Dichpally